🔎

pumpkin dumplings

the other day i asked what cheese would go well with pumpkin to make dumplings. What is the best way to cook it? I'm using dumpling wrappers.

Me

Kenzi is the Associate Editor of Food52.

What are looking for your end product to be? If you want traditional dumplings, you can use the potsticker method: saute in a bit of oil until one side is nicely browned, and then add a few tablespoons of water, cover, and let them steam the rest of the way. Or, try a steamer basket if you'd like to steam them the whole way!

dieubert added over 1 year ago

i'm afraid that the wrapper would stick if i steam them. Has that happened to you before?

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Yum! I would either pan-fry them in a little oil, potsticker-style, or boil them gently in broth.

dieubert added over 1 year ago

any broth?

dieubert added over 1 year ago

any broth?

Sausage2

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

Probably vegetable broth if you're going to use a broth.

Mrs._larkin_370

yes, vegetable or chicken broth. You can serve the dumplings in a soup, like wonton soup. Don't dump the broth - use it.

Me

To prevent sticking, you can line your steamer basket with a sturdy vegetable leaf, such as bok choy.

Sausage2

Or green cabbage leaves!

Mrs._larkin_370

Or swiss chard leaves! (Is it lunchtime yet? I'm hungry for dumplings.)

036

I make a soup of pumpkin ricotta dumplings simmered in broth (chicken) with some added tomato puree, basil, and then added spinach and a spinkle of parmesan. It delicious. And now I want some.