🔎

A question about a recipe: Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough

I have a question about the recipe "Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough" from Genius Recipes. Would this be even more spectacular with "00" flour?

Food52_01-30-12-3449
Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

It should work well and be delicious, perhaps a little less chewy. Let us know if you try it!

Sam1148 added over 1 year ago

From my experience with no-kneed bread dough and using southern US blend flour (which is softer by the cup weight than USDA flour), it really throws off the moisture ratio.
When I tried again using a gram weight scale it worked fine, which in Gold medal's case turned out to be about tablespoon more per cup to make a 'cup weight'.
So there could be some math involved. (g). It's 127g/cup for 00 flour.

My advice with pizza dough is to always go with high gluten flour. Period. Stop.

fitsxarts added over 1 year ago

So are you saying that 00 flour is not high gluten enough?

L1020855
CHeeb added over 1 year ago

If you have the time, the dough really improves with an overnight stay in the frig. It will fight you with spring when you try to roll it into a pizza when first removed from the frig,so let it warm up a little to room temp.