A question about a recipe: Crispy Fried Brussels Sprouts with Honey and Sriracha

Sriracha_other

I have a question about the ingredient "sriracha (or to taste)" on the recipe "Crispy Fried Brussels Sprouts with Honey and Sriracha" from merrill. what is sriracha

asked by Curteslee almost 2 years ago
Monita_photo

It's an Asian hot sauce made from chilis

Open-uri20121010-19560-7ckhkl-0

Chcs201 It's available at most major grocery stores. Look for the bright red sauce with a picture of a rooster and a green cap (see photo). It's extremely delicious and one of the hot sauces I always keep in the cabinet (along with Frank's and Cholula). I actually have my bottle here at work with me to pep up some roasted red pepper soup for lunch.

Sriracha aka "rooster sauce" is a wonderful American success story. The Vietnamese guy who came up with it began by selling it door to door to Asian restaurants in LA's San Gabriel Valley. After that it began turning up on breakfast tables in restaurants catering to So Cal early morning surfers. Now it's like ketchup. It's everywhere.