A question about a recipe: Spatchcocked Roast Turkey

D685e37d-f6fc-4387-b6e4-383bd1b05ee1--food52_11-06-12-0700

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Spatchcocked Roast Turkey" from AntoniaJames. It says:

"Put the turkey into a large plastic bag, with the two back edges together, so that it looks rather like it did before you removed the backbone. Squeeze out as much air as you can from the bag, and secure it shut. Then, sit the turkey in the bag, breast side up, in a large bowl. Put it in the fridge for three days, rubbing the salt into the skin gently every day, and turning it upside down in the bowl 24 hours before you plan to cook the bird. (I strongly recommend using a bowl because, no matter how good your re-sealable bag may seem, it’s likely to leak. So let it leak into the bowl, and not into your vegetable drawer.)" If I can't get my turkey until Monday afternoon, is a two day brine long enough to acquire the results of a moist and flavorful turkey?

asked by foodynewty almost 3 years ago
D575cae1-ec42-4b51-85df-aabecf92a1d8--fredavatar

Check this out first, you may decide NOT to brine: http://tinyurl.com/bp4wtua...