🔎

How can i use Twinkies?

So by now you may know that Hostess is going out of business. I was never really a big fan of their super sugary pastries but their Twinkies do have a certain kind of nostalgia to them. So as I was shopping for groceries today I decided to grab a box. My question is, what are some creative ways to cook or bake with Twinkies? Maybe deep/pan fry them? Hah, that sounds like a wonderful way to get my heart going.

Baci1
HalfPint added over 1 year ago

Why make a trifle with the Twinkies? Like a chocolate trifle using chocolate pudding, whipped cream, choc chips. Or, a strawberry trifle with vanilla custard/pudding, strawberry jam and then whipped cream.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added over 1 year ago

twinkie sushi rolls

Sarah_chef

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

They make a great addition to your nuclear holocaust survival kit.

(Or a trifle)

brandon added over 1 year ago

dehydrate them and make like a fuilletine type topping or something.

lloreen added over 1 year ago

Twinkie bread pudding?

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

haha. i bought a box of devil dogs, ring dings and cupcakes today. you know, for the zombie apocalypse. Twinkies were sold out. :(

Fried twinkies are awesome. Also, frozen twinkies are great. Or shove an popsicle stick up one end and dip them in chocolate ganache.

Sadie_crop
Diana B added over 1 year ago

I understand the filling can be used as envelope glue...

Bill F added over 1 year ago

Bomb shelter?

Deep fry, yes. But wrap them in bacon first.

emartinez3 added over 1 year ago

I'm not sure if you're from Texas but that's how we do it here at the state fair of Texas.

ATG117 added over 1 year ago

I haven't read too much about what caused the bankruptcy and the strike before that., Is it possible to be hopeful that this may signal a change in consumer's snack food preferences? I'm guessing wishful thinking given all the similar products out there that seem to be doing just fine.

Sadie_crop
Diana B added over 1 year ago

Make your own; I wouldn't say they're that much healthier, but at least you'd know what goes into them: http://www.sheknows.com...

Bill F added over 1 year ago

hA!

08270410avatar_messbrasil
mensaque added over 1 year ago

08 We don't have Twinkies in Brazil...well,not Hostess' Twinkies,but we have AnaMaria by Pullman.Don't know if they're alike in taste,but they look just like Twinkies and I not ashamed to say I've been in love with them ever since I was a kid.And here they come in many flavours:my fave is chocolate cake with vanilla filling.Also don't know if AnaMaria would make good a post-apocalyptic snak,cause it does have an expiration date(but they say the end is near,so...LOL)...anyway,if you believe those news were not just an attempt to increase sales and you think you'll miss Twinkies,I'm sure you could find some site to buy AnaMarias on-line!Good luck!