🔎

Is Turkey left out six hours okay to eat!!!

I took a turkey breast out of the oven at nine last night and was going to put it away but my daughter said she wanted to make a sandwich and would put it away(I should have known better!) I woke up at 2 0r 3 and it was still out.....

Merrill

Voted the Best Answer!

Sadly, 6 hours is definitely within the danger zone. Here's a post about food safety that explains the details: http://food52.com/blog...

P1291120
SeaJambon added over 1 year ago

As painful as it will be to throw it away, that pang is minor compared to what you'll feel if someone gets sick. Sigh. I'm sorry; that's really tough. But as Merrill and others have indicated, there really isn't a choice. Pat yourself on the back for asking the question as hard as the answer may be.

I have a California state food handler's certificate and that specific question is on the exam. Once you've finished carving and serving it should be refrigerated immediately.