What's your question?

sexyLAMBCHOPx is a trusted home cook.

Here is a sampling of recipes for crab cakeson this website:

Having lived in the Chesapeake area I am picky about my crab cakes. This is the recipe from the back of the Old Bay can back in the day.

Made this yesterday and they were delicious.

Regardless of which recipe you use, you have to use good (expensive) crab - preferably dungeness. No point having crab texture with no crab taste.

While I agree with bigpan on using good crab, I think there are a lot of people on the East Coast who would argue that Chesapeake blue crabs are are the true crabcake crab. I love Dungeness, but there's nothing like a Maryland crabcake, made from all lump meat and the barest amount of filler.

Barton Seaver

Barton Seaver is a chef and author of Where There’s Smoke. He is a Fellow with National Geographic Society and the New England Aquarium.

The simpler, the better. Mix mayo, lemon juice, and Old Bay seasoning- stirring to combine. Gently combine with crab and a small amount of breadcrumbs, taking care not to break the crab lumps. Saute in butter in an ovenproof pan on one side. Once browned, place whole pan in hot oven without flipping until hot throughout. Enjoy!