🔎

Stuffing and a brined turkey

Can you stuff a turkey that has been brined?

Ruthy is a recipe tester for Food52.

Absolutely! As with all brines, make sure the turkey is well rinsed. But from there on, you can stuff & roast a turkey as you normally would.

Waffle3
ChefOno added over 1 year ago

Yes, but it will be just as problematic as stuffing a non-brined bird. By the time the stuffing is up to a safe temperature (165F), the meat will likely be overcooked. It's best to cook the stuffing separately, in a baking dish covered with foil.

Bill F added over 1 year ago

As chefono said above. Cooking the stuffing inside promotes an overcooked and unpleasant tasting bird. Place it in a separate back dish and offer it as filling. Both will be very tasty

the redhead added over 1 year ago

Stuffing a turkey is how Turkey was described as tasteless, dried (overcooked)! Brined turkey is delicious and the stuffing/dressing will be also cooked to perfection outside of the bird.!!!!!! Have been brining my turkey for over 25 years and have never been disapointed, with either. Try it.