🔎

• 4

• 611

• See other questions tagged:
    • sushi

Where can I get good sushi?

95633_where_can_i_get_good_sushi_
Ophelia added over 1 year ago

At a good sushi restaurant. Try looking up reviews for restaurants near where you live.

meow_meow_siera added over 1 year ago

Okay thanks! Just found this awesome place! :)

Bigpan
bigpan added over 1 year ago

I wonder what city you are looking for?
Look for a sushi restaurant that is busy and has lots of turn over - meaning sushi is probably fresh.
The best clue is the sushi chef should be at least 35 years old. An apprentice will spend a couple years just learning how to sharpen his knife under guidance from a master.
Also look for variety, if the just have tuna and salmon it is probably McSushi !
When applying to work at a sushi restaurant the chef will often ask the applicant to make him some tomago. A good test. Buy a piece and decide if it is worthwhile staying.

Smokin_tokyo
BoulderGalinTokyo added over 1 year ago

The tamago suggestion is good if you like egg. My daughter doesn't and still eats sushi 2-3 times a week. But bigpan's other suggestions are very accurate, there should be many choices, not just tuna and salmon. Experiment. Octopus has a great texture.