🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Healthy but decadent Sole recipe?

My husband would like sole for his birthday dinner this week. He likes fairly rich foods. My parents will be visiting at the time, and they are on strict, lean diets. Does someone have an idea for a way to prepare filet of sole that will satisfy both camps of diners?

asked by TobiT almost 2 years ago

I would cook the sole in the method of La Bernadin's crispy fish under

Genius recipes here. Just lightly dust it in Wondra flour - little salt and herbs de Provence is nice too. Sautée in butter. You can serve it with a rich brown butter sauce for your husband but leave it off for the inlaws if they prefer. Although the recipe says to do this with skin on fillets, I cook skinless sole this way all the time. It has a very light brown crust. Just be sure to cook in lots of butter in the a non stick pan (sorry the message cut off before)

I checked it out and it looks great. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Monita_photo

Here's a very elegant, simple recipe.
http://www.marthastewart...

Thanks. It's interesting to me that the Martha recipe also uses Wondra - just like the recipe the previous answerer cited. I sense a theme . . . Nice to learn a new trick!

Marcella Hazan's Fish in Crazy Water, completely decadent, low fat, delicious.
http://www.pastrywiz.com...