🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Things that do not do the job they are suppose to do, and anything that is as seen on tv..

asked by @cjsculinairy almost 2 years ago
Baci1

The Misto oil sprayer. We had one which sat on the kitchen counter collecting dust and was hardly ever used. It seemed like a good idea at the time of purchase, but then I just didn't get the satisfaction in it's performance that was sort of implied. After it was all said and done, I can easily brush a thin coat of oil onto my pans. What else could you do with it other than spray oil onto cooking surfaces?

Image

OMG, I am so glad you said that. I have gone through two of them. I thought it was just me.

Chris_in_oslo

Ditto! I just bought some Lekue citrus misters for Christmas stocking, and my oil mister experience has me suspicious. But the guy at the store says they're great..

Baci1

OMG & LOL, I thought I was bat-s***t crazy because I couldn't work an simple oil sprayer. And that sprayer would get clogged after a couple of spritz.

Haha...I gone through two "Misto's" also. I don't learn well.

Now, I just get the plastic squeeze bottles from wal-mart. About a buck each. And use those for olive and peanut oil.

Scan0004

I actually like my refillable oil sprayer (not Misto). The secret is to fill it only to the line, just about 1/2 way up. It keeps me from being heavy handed.

Anybody thought to use oil sprayer for roasting? This would be a substitute for frying where you use on potatoes, poultry, veggies etc for a healthier substitute for saute etc to reduce fat quantities