🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Maple-Cardamom Glazed Salmon

Food52_04-24-12-1274

I have a question about the recipe "Maple-Cardamom Glazed Salmon" from alasully. I've made this dish about 10 times now and continue to love it. One question: To avoid the ugly job of cleaning the cast iron skillet called for in the recipe I make this on a tinfoil covered cookie sheet. Unfortunately the maple syrup glaze that runs off the fish and onto the foil burns and makes a smoky, smelly mess. It's not an issue of clean-up (I throw the foil away) and it doesn't affect the fish, I just want to find a way to not make a smoky, smelly mess. Any ideas?

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

asked almost 2 years ago
Baci1

Have you tried sort of skipping step 2, in which the salmon is glazed? Cook it unglazed initially then brushing on the glaze at the end and cook for a few minutes or until the glaze warms up and bubbles slightly. I don't know if this would make it less flavorful, but it would mitigate the smokey smelly mess.

Could you some how make this on a grill instead of in your oven?

What do you mean, "While Peter no longer works for Food52?!?!"

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

what? does this mean no more Charlie pictures???!!! that would be terribly upsetting.

Sunshine-small
Peter

Don't worry, photos of Charlie (with food of course) will be posted as often as I can get my act together. :-)