🔔
🔎

food52hotline I want to turn the buchon bakery lemon poppy seed muffin recipe into a bundt cake. How/ what shld I change, if anything?

asked by @cookiesheets about 2 years ago
Monita_photo

I don't the recipe but if it's for a 12 cup muffin tin, then you should be able to use the same amount of batter in a bundt pan. The baking time will be longer (could be twice as long or more)in a bundt pan so you need to keep watching it

Jc_profilepic

Can you post the amount of flour(s) and liquid?
I have a feeling you will want to lower temperature to 350 (if it is higher than that in your recipe) and bake for 45 minutes.

Hi! Here are the flours and liquids: recipe is grams but approx 1 3/4c cake flour , 1/2 tsp baking p, 7oz butter , 1/4c lemon juice, 1c sugar, zest, salt, vanilla

Jc_profilepic

Please keep in mind I have not made this recipe before - I am making recommendations based on the measurements given by Dianna Cohen (same person?). Assuming you are using a typical 12-cup Bundt tube pan, I would:
DOUBLE the above recipe, butter the pan well and lightly flour it (those Bundt crevices can be tricky)and bake at 350 degrees F about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes. Place cooling rack upside down over pan; turn rack and pan over. Remove pan. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
Also, I have never used cake flour for muffins; I always use unbleached all-purpose flour. Cake flour can result in a "crumblier" texture which might not be desirable when cutting through the tall cake. Instead of 3-1/2 cups cake flour (the doubled quantity) you might consider using 3-1/4 cups sifted unbleached AP flour instead.
I hope this helps, best of luck!