A question about a recipe: Coriander Beet Chips

I have a question about the recipe "Coriander Beet Chips" from Naked Beet. What brand of mandolin do you use? I am in the market for one but the reviews are all over the place as to which ones are decent.

asked by cabfood almost 3 years ago

I really like a Japanese mandoline. They're a bit more expensive but very straight forward to use and are lightweight and easy to store

The Kyocera ceramic works very well ( I think it's about as reasonably-priced as you're going to get for something that performs well and is safe, meant for home cooking. (Good luck with the recipe - sounds yummy!)

sexyLAMBCHOPx is a trusted home cook.

There have been lots of hotline questions about mandoline recommendations, here's just one:

For more answers do a search for mandolines and drop down to hotline (not recipes) and find lots of great answers.

Have fun & be careful - consider a glove if you're a klutz like me : )

I actually bought a cheap plastic one I found at my local Marshalls and it's really just fine. When I looked for one myself a few years ago, I encountered the same dilemma about the reviews. Unless you use one on a weekly basis, it might not matter as much. I hope you like the chips!