🔔
🔎

I moved into a home that has a DCS gas range. I noticed you have a Viking. Most of the time the gas is too hot so I have to cook on very low or simmer. I thought it might also have to do with my pots and pans. Can you recommend a brand of pots and pans that are good for industrial style ranges (or what you use?) Thanks

asked by klavorne about 4 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Sure -- heavy gauge pans are best. I've been happy with my All-Clad and Le Creuset. My favorite saute pan is a stainless lined copper pan from Williams-Sonoma (a wedding gift). However, I have a few "college" pans that have thin sides and everything burns in them.

thanks for your help....been trying to find the right pans for awhile will give your suggestions a try

Yes indeed, heavier is better. And also consider that in all probability one of your hubs is designed to burn hotter than others. You can also use an inexpensive "flame tamer" to evenly disperse heat on the burners.