🔎

For flank steak on texas toast can I leave it in the refrigerator for a few more hours than suggested?

I'm referring to the flank steak as it says 1-2 hours. But if I have to go to work can I leave it in for a few more hours?

Monita_photo

Monita is a recipe tester for Food52 and a trusted source on General Cooking.

Yes - it should be fine; probably even better. 1-2 hours is a minimum for the steak to absorb the great flavors

Felicia_renee added over 1 year ago

Ok thanks!

3-bizcard

I made it for the potluck cookbook party and left it in the refrigerator for 6 hours and it tasted even better as Monita said it absorbs the flavors.

kimhw added over 1 year ago

When my store has a good sale on flank steak I buy quite a few. I throw my marinade and the flank into the freezer bag. Take out in the morning and its ready to throw on the grill when I get home!

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added over 1 year ago

yes, certainly. looks at the comments at the recipe page. that recipe is made in my house at least 1x month.

Jampro
Bevi added over 1 year ago

We make this recipe often as well since Suzanne prepared it for the book party. The chimichurri is so bright and fresh tasting. Make sure the meat is at room temp before you put in on the grill.