I have made soap. Now what?

I meant to make "pistachio and rosewater meringues" but what came out were beautiful clouds of edible soap. They are awful. Any good ideas for how to turn them (crushed, buried, pureed) into something marvelous? I hate to just throw them away.

asked by AAEJ over 1 year ago
Baci1

Make a semifreddo by sweetened whipping cream and mixing in crushed meringues, then freeze.

I agree--if the taste ismthat bad, you won't be able to cover it up.

Scan0004

When you say 'soap', is it an off taste from the rosewater? There could be too much or the rosewater you used isn't to your expectations.

Img_1240 Hi All, OP here. Thanks for the help. There was no hope for the meringues. The rosewater flavor (Nielsen-Massey brand) was just too strong. I liked the semifreddo idea, but couldn't work out a flavor for the whipped cream that would complement the rosewater. I remade the meringues using raspberry flavoring and they were fabulous.