🔎

I have made soap. Now what?

I meant to make "pistachio and rosewater meringues" but what came out were beautiful clouds of edible soap. They are awful. Any good ideas for how to turn them (crushed, buried, pureed) into something marvelous? I hate to just throw them away.

Baci1
HalfPint added over 1 year ago

Make a semifreddo by sweetened whipping cream and mixing in crushed meringues, then freeze.

Gator_cake

Voted the Best Answer!

If they are awful it may just be best to toss them. Better that than spend extra time and potentially end up with another dish that is awful.

Maedl added over 1 year ago

I agree--if the taste ismthat bad, you won't be able to cover it up.

Scan0004
susan g added over 1 year ago

When you say 'soap', is it an off taste from the rosewater? There could be too much or the rosewater you used isn't to your expectations.

AAEJ added over 1 year ago

Img_1240 Hi All, OP here. Thanks for the help. There was no hope for the meringues. The rosewater flavor (Nielsen-Massey brand) was just too strong. I liked the semifreddo idea, but couldn't work out a flavor for the whipped cream that would complement the rosewater. I remade the meringues using raspberry flavoring and they were fabulous.