🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Venison goulash recipe? and/or venison in NYC?

Had a stunning venison goulash in Berlin a couple nights ago: super tender, gamey but not excessively so, sauce well-balanced (not too tomato-y, winey, or paprika-y; just meaty and succulent). Any recipe suggestions? The spätzle and red cabbage with it were also super, but I know how to make those.... And on a related topic, any recommendations for venison preparations in NYC that isn't the likes of Daniel, Danube, etc.?

asked by ryanm over 1 year ago

Have I hit a record for number of views versus (absolute lack of) responses? If nothing else, I guess that makes me feel better in not knowing how to make a dish like this....

036

Haha - well if I were you I would start with a search on goulash recipe, and then swap out the beef for venison. It sounds like something you can play with and adjust to suit your tastes, you might need more than one pass at it though. I am not in NYC so no help on where to get it there ...
how's that for a non-answer?

036

how's that for a non-answer?

Thanks, aargersi. I think this is indeed what I'll do, and hope for the best. (No doubt the trial runs will also be enjoyable, particularly as the weather in these parts seems to invite daily braising.) It's odd, and a shame, that in the US venison cooking/enjoyment seems to focused almost exclusively in hunting circles and fine dining ones, but very little in-between.

Moi_1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Venison loin at Public is worth a try.

Thanks, QueenSashy. Public looks great--I'd heard good things, and now this clinches it.