🔔
🔎

Can I make cocktail meatballs the day ahead?

I am making meatballs for a huge birthday party tomorrow and really need to do them today if possible. Will it be okay to bake them, then put them in the sauce to simmer about an hour, and then reheat tomorrow? Thanks!

asked by katiebakes almost 2 years ago

Yes, definitely. They'll probably be even better tomorrow. I think I'd bake them and place them in the sauce, and then cook them in the sauce the next day, not precook them. But either way will probably be fine.

Always decrease the oven temperature by 25 degrees when using a glass baking pan. Bake for the same amount of time. But watch just in case they bake a little faster even with the decreased temp.

Farmer's_market

Never met a meatball that wasn't better the next day. I reheat all sizes and shapes of meatballs, in the sauce, all the time. Perfect make ahead.

Farmer's_market

oops. meant all sizes and varieties, not shapes...meatballs are all round, at least the ones I've encountered.