🔎

• 5

• 733

• See other questions tagged:
    • fish

What can I use Avocado Oil for?

Maedl added about 1 year ago

Salad dressing benefit from the nutty flavors of avocado oil. It is also good for frying and sauteeing--it stands up well to heat.

Buddhacat
SKK added about 1 year ago

Cooking anything, moisturizer for skin, any recipe you would use olive oil.

FutureChef added about 1 year ago

If its cold-pressed, I would stay away from cooking with it purely for cost effectiveness; why but expensive, good quality, nutritious oil only to render most of the nutrients out. I would stick with a vinaigrette. You could certainly serve it with a warm salad or garnish a soup with it.

Better yet! Make vegan avocado ice cream. The water content in whole avocados doesn't allow for a custardy texture, but if you blended with avocado oil (and maybe a touch of coconut meat if necessary), it would be amazing. Just taste for sweetness and be aware that it will taste less sweet once frozen.

Moi_1
QueenSashy added about 1 year ago

It's also good for the hair :)

michellemybell added about 1 year ago

It's great with veggie saut├ęs and really great with meats. Especially on the grill!