🔎

• 5

• 723

• See other questions tagged:
    • baking

ARRRGH - I just forgot to add the butter to a Chess pie and it's in the oven. Please tell me it will be OK.

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

oh good grief! did you pull it out and mix in the butter? If not, maybe you can call it a dessert quiche? ;)

Let us know what happens!!

darksideofthespoon added about 1 year ago

Very curious - I'm from Canada and have never heard of a chess pie! What is it?

Sausage2

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

darksideofthespoon, it's sort of a sugar pie and butter pie! Kind of like the part of a pecan pie filling that isn't pecans. I imagine it will be a different texture without butter but might still taste good. More custardy. Do, let us know what happened and how it came out!

Summer of Eggplant added about 1 year ago

Adding in the buter would have made WAY too much sense. I also cut the crust too short. It is one ugly mess but it isn't anything a mound of whipped cream can't fix. Anyhow, it is tooth shattering sweet, back of the neck hair raising tart and gooey I don't think the birthday boy (turning 11!) will be thrilled. And I have a back up rhubarb pie. Thanks!

Butter.