ARRRGH - I just forgot to add the butter to a Chess pie and it's in the oven. Please tell me it will be OK.

asked by Summer of Eggplant over 1 year ago
Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

oh good grief! did you pull it out and mix in the butter? If not, maybe you can call it a dessert quiche? ;)

Let us know what happens!!

Very curious - I'm from Canada and have never heard of a chess pie! What is it?

Sausage2
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

darksideofthespoon, it's sort of a sugar pie and butter pie! Kind of like the part of a pecan pie filling that isn't pecans. I imagine it will be a different texture without butter but might still taste good. More custardy. Do, let us know what happened and how it came out!

Adding in the buter would have made WAY too much sense. I also cut the crust too short. It is one ugly mess but it isn't anything a mound of whipped cream can't fix. Anyhow, it is tooth shattering sweet, back of the neck hair raising tart and gooey I don't think the birthday boy (turning 11!) will be thrilled. And I have a back up rhubarb pie. Thanks!

Butter.

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet