Anyone have a recipe for sweet potato batter bread? Does such a thing exist? Google isn't helping much.

asked by @alitris almost 4 years ago

I saw a lot of things come up for Sweet Potato Bread. Not sure if that's the same thing you're looking for, good luck though! : )

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Do you want it sweet, like a banana or carrot bread, or savory? And for what do you want to use the bread, i.e., how do you plan to serve it?

Profile

Thanks for asking - looking for a sweet, banana bread-type, to serve at brunch. Need to use a ton of leftover sweet potatoes already peeled & diced.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

There is a lovely one in Dimetra Makris's "Delicious Quick Breads and Muffins" (Fawcett Columbine 1987). I suspect the book is out of print. I've owned and used that book -- a lot -- since I bought it shortly after it came out. I'll contact you via the messaging system with more information. It would be a copyright violation for me to post the recipe, but I can send it to you individually under the "fair use" doctrine. ;o)

Profile

That sounds perfect! A tried & true one sounds like just what I'm after. I just checked my library and they don't seem to have it but I found a used copy very cheap so I'll just pick that up. Don't need it right away, so I'll be freezing the sweet potato puree in the meantime. Thank you so much for the recommendation.