🔔
🔎

What is a good tasting substitute for cow's milk?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 1 year ago
Fsm

Goat milk works well. some people who cannot drink cow's milk can digest goats milk.

For a more vegan option, soy, rice and almond milk are the usual choices. There is a mild controversy around unfermented soy products, and people with nut allergies cannot eat almond milk, I tend to go with rice milk when I can't get goat/cow's.

I agree on goat milk. But soy, rice etc. milk substitutes taste insipid to me.

Try moose milk, but try not to startle the moose. They can get cranky.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

What are you using it for? Homemade almond milk (which does not, by the way, taste insipid, at least not to me) often works well as a substitute. It depends, though, on the recipe or use. Here's a link to a How-to Post here http://food52.com/recipes... ;o) P.S. I would agree with pierino that the boxed, store-bought kind tastes not just insipid, but downright awful. But then, I'm kind of picky.

Image

Almond milk I agree tastes the best for none dairy..

P1291120

Haven't heard anyone mention coconut milk - that's my favorite. It is much thicker and "creamier" (and more flavorful) than rice or almond milks. Kind of depends on what you want to do -- simply drink a glass or use it for cooking.