🔔
🔎

Chicken drumsticks

Just looking for time and temp? Covered or not? Seasonings

asked by Mirepoix79 over 1 year ago

I like them crispy. Set up your fry station which would be; superfine flour aka Wondra, beaten egg, bread crumbs. Heat up your frying oil which should be one with a high smoke point. Drag the drumsticks through your fying station and plunge into oil which should be heated to about 375F. The rest is up to you. If you like you can include black pepper and/or cayenne in your flour. DO NOT Cover while cooking.They are done when they are done. But they shouldn't take much more than 7 minutes.

Me_in_munich_with_fish

You could also do them in a hot oven (450) rubbed with s&p, lots of smoked paprika, crushed garlic. Since they're so small you want the high heat to crisp up the skin. They'll be done in 20 min or so, but if you have a thermometer just check to see when they reach 165, then let rest for a few minutes.

Me_in_munich_with_fish

Oh, and not covered.

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

I usually do oven, around 425, brined for a few hours in buttermilk and Frank's hot sauce, then dredged in seasoned bread crumb. Bake, turn half way through, drizzle with oil or butter, cook till crispy and browned, around a half hour.

08270410avatar_messbrasil

I fry them just like Pierino,but I boil them first for a few minutes(15-20) before I coat them.I do it for flavor(I add onions,garlic,salt&pepper and some herbs to the water)and for safety.Once the bread crumbs are golden,I can be sure they won't be rare.