🔔
🔎

i need a good recipe for a beef arm roast

Puggy_cheeks

i need a good recipe for beef arm roast

asked by joe.wilkinson over 1 year ago
2007-09-11e-s4

Just about any stew or roast recipe that uses chuck roast will do very well with an arm roast. It is one of my favorite cuts!

Are you perhaps referring to a shank? If so, Wiley P's suggestion is so good. Brown it, braise it, remove the meat, and combine it with the braising vegetables and juices and serve it all over polenta Wow!

2007-09-11e-s4

Cynthia, I believe the shank consist of the radis and ulna (ie: in a human that would be the forearm), whereas an arm roast has but one round bone, the humerus (ie: the human upper arm). You are absolutely right about browning the meat before roasting or braising. And if you do cut the meat off and cube it before the the browning or longer cooking, be sure to throw the bone in to give the stew additional depth of flavor to both the meat and the sauce.

I should have explained my suggestion a bit better: by all means leave the meat on the bone while braising. By the end of its time in the pot, it should be virtually falling off, and the bone will lend great flavor.