🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Earl grey tea

I love Earl Grey Tea, but I can't seem to find a brand that I like lately. I used to like Twinings, but either they changed their formula or my taste changed. I need tea bags so I can keep them at work. Anyone have a brand of Earl Grey that they love? Thanks.

asked over 1 year ago
Baci1

Try Stash or Mighty Leaf. I've always liked any tea from these two companies.

3-bizcard

I was gifted a box of earl grey from a friend and I love it, organic earl grey tea by two leaves and a bud their website is www. twoleavesandabud.com

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

my two favorite tea makers:

Harney and Sons http://www.harney.com/earl...

Taylors of Harrogate http://www.amazon.com/Taylors...

Dsc_0048b

I second Taylors of Harrogate! I have liked every tea of theirs that I've tried. My favorite is their afternoon darjeeling.

Gator_cake

I'm smitten with Smith teas, and the Lord Bergamot is seriously good. http://www.smithtea.com...

Farmer's_market

In NYC, two good sources for British teas (both in the W. Village, tho they may sell online too) are Myers of Keswick (Hudson St.) and McNulty's (Christopher St.) - known for coffee, but they have a big tea selection, including their own blend of EG. Reasonably priced too. One suggestion: if you can't find one you like in bags, a mesh tea ball is pretty easy to dump and wash with your mug (assuming you keep one at work.)

I have a little addiction to the Republic of Tea's Earl Grey. Always have a jar of it in my fridge and also their Acai Green Tea.

I, too, love Republic of Tea's Earl Greyer. They sell tea bags as well as loose tea. But my new obsession is Keemun (Republic of Tea only sells loose tea, but it's easy enough to make my own sachets or use a tea ball). Tea Luxe is also a great source (they're in Cambridge, but also have an online site. They have 4 kinds of Earl Grey (my favorite is the Extra Bergamot).

5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm

I like B. Fuller's Mortar & Pestle. They have an Earl Grey with dried orange peel, which I think is a great combination. It's called Clockwork Orange: https://secure.bfullers...

Hilary_sp1

I'm going to chime in with Rishi tea, which I absolutely love. They have a "Supreme Earl Grey" that is fantastic--heavy on the bergamot. They also have a "Lavender Earl Grey" which is phenomenal. I use it to make Earl Grey scones. Best ever.

Oh, oh, oh, please share your recipe for Earl Grey scones!! I love lavender and Earl Grey, and have made lavender scones, but never Earl Grey scones. They sound heavenly :)

Me_in_munich_with_fish

Steven Smith teas http://www.smithtea.com are pretty fantastic. The blends are incredibly fragrant and fresh-tasting. I have yet to taste something from them that I don't like.

2010-09-15_14.22.07

I am an Earl Grey girl too, Drbabs! I agree with sdebrango: Two Leaves and a Bud is my new fave. I switched from Mighty Leaf. I like the pyramid-shaped bags from Two Leaves and can get two very robust cups/mugs from a single bag. By the way, you are right about Twinings. They did indeed change their formula. It is like "fixing" Coke! Here is a link to an NPR story about the switch:http://www.npr.org/2011...

Dsc_0048b

very interesting, calendar girl! I will have to check out Two Leaves and a Bud. Can you buy it locally or do you have to order?

3-bizcard

Two leaves and a bud is fair trade tea and is available in stores. If you go to their website you can find stores that carry it. www.twoleavesandabud.com They carry it locally in Brooklyn at Garden of Eden I bet whole foods has it.

2010-09-15_14.22.07

Wendy, I have been getting Two Leaves and a Bud online, direct from the company. I buy it in bulk, which makes it less pricey. I first tried it at Praline Bakery & Cafe in Bethesda, and a number of Whole Foods stores seem to carry it.

Dsc_0048b

Thanks! I'll try it out at WF first and then see.

I like 'men' teas and while they are loose leaf you can buy your sachets and make you're own tea bags .

ATL

As another Earl Grey lover, I have to throw Tazo I to the mix. Very interesting to read that Twinings changed its formula. I thought it was me! I'm eager to try some of the brands mentioned here but I recommend Tazo.

Image

Thanks, everyone! Time to do some shopping!

Ozoz_profile

Oh boy, if you were in the UK, I'd say definitely Harrod's Early Grey. It comes in a tin and the flavour and taste are phenomenal. I love Twinings too. Better still, would you try Lady grey - a more citrusy version of the Earl's brew? Its my personal fave - brewed in hot milk!

Cakes

I like Tazo Tea - the Earl Grey Blanc has a hint of vanilla that is very pleasant.