🔔
🔎

Need a fast brow rice side dish recipe to go with Fish

asked by Ruth Attar over 1 year ago
Junechamp

Unless you have a pressure cooker, any brown rice dish is going to take you 45 minutes cooking time.

Cakes

Unless you buy IQF (individually quick frozen) brown rice at Trader Joe's and then you will save time preparing the rice. Microwaves in minutes.

Make your brown rice ahead of time, then reheat it in the microwave

Me_in_munich_with_fish

I love cilantro lime rice. Puree some cilantro (stems and all) with lime juice, scallions, garlic, and salt and add to cooked rice.

Smokin_tokyo

If the key word was fast these answers are right. I thought 'BROW', as in High Brow recipe-- something elegant to go with fish. That doesn't have to be complicated...

2010-09-15_14.22.07

Fish and brown rice of some sort are often on our dinner table. I agree with jsdunbar: make your rice up ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until you are ready. Then take it out and let it come up to room temp while you prep your fish and chop an onion and a carrot. Saute the onion and carrot in olive oil with a generous shake of dried thyme. When they are softened, begin cooking your fish however you wish. Add the room temp rice to the saute pan with the veggies, stirring now and then, add salt and pepper to taste, perhaps a small pat of butter. Taste as you go and when you like what you've got, your side dish is ready.