🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

I swore I was not going to be in the situation of not having an ingredient but here we go...
I am making roasted carrots that are tossed with gremolata and some "good" green olives. It's the "good" green olives that I forgot to get. I have the jarred olives with the pimentos. Would that work? I also have capers. Could I sub those?
By the way this food pickle is great. I use to call my mom for these types of questions.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

asked by Lucia from Madison almost 4 years ago

I think either would work, but I personally would prefer the capers. Rinse very well and blot dry with paper towels, then chop.

L1020855

IF you use the stufffed green olives,toss the pimentos.

oh yeah, definitely toss the pimentos if going the olive route.

Actually you could do both. Combine capers AND olives in the bowl of a food processor and give it a few quick pulses and you will get something like a tapenade. No point in taking out the pimentos (unless you really hate pimentos) because they won't harm the mixture. If you have fresh thyme handy add that too.