🔎

I swore I was not going to be in the situation of not having an ingredient but here we go...
I am making roasted carrots that are tossed with gremolata and some "good" green olives. It's the "good" green olives that I forgot to get. I have the jarred olives with the pimentos. Would that work? I also have capers. Could I sub those?
By the way this food pickle is great. I use to call my mom for these types of questions.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Photo_for_web
Savorykitchen added over 3 years ago

I think either would work, but I personally would prefer the capers. Rinse very well and blot dry with paper towels, then chop.

L1020855
CHeeb added over 3 years ago

IF you use the stufffed green olives,toss the pimentos.

Savorykitchen added over 3 years ago

oh yeah, definitely toss the pimentos if going the olive route.

Actually you could do both. Combine capers AND olives in the bowl of a food processor and give it a few quick pulses and you will get something like a tapenade. No point in taking out the pimentos (unless you really hate pimentos) because they won't harm the mixture. If you have fresh thyme handy add that too.