🔎

• 6

• 605

Dirty Vegetables

The Environment Working Group, in conjunction with the Dept. of Agriculture has released its 2013 list of the Dirty Dozen: They are (after testing 28,000 samples):
Apples; Celery; Cherry Tomatoes; Cucumber; Grapes, Hot Peppers; Nectarines (imported); Peaches; Potatoes; Spinach, Strawberry, Sweet Bell Peppers; Kale/Collard Greens; Summer Squash.
They note that Kale/Collard Greens and Squash do not necessarily meet their standards to be "dirty" but are noted to in some cases contain higher than normal levels of pesticides - toxic to the nervous system.
You can also see their "clean list" at ewg.org

Bigpan
Moi_1
QueenSashy added 11 months ago

My understanding is that it applies to conventionally raised produce, not organic, correct?

Image
ZombieCupcake added 11 months ago

Correct most produce that is not raised organically and has a skin that to is consumed larger amounts of pesticides on them.

Image
ZombieCupcake added 11 months ago

So that list only applies to none organic farms.

Image
ZombieCupcake added 11 months ago

Ggrr non* not none

Scan0004
susan g added 11 months ago

Thanks for the list/link. Sure looks like the powers of darkness are closing in. They threaten us all, even invade the realm of OG farming.

Jc_profilepic
Sadassa_Ulna added 11 months ago

Thank you for posting this bigpan!