🔔
🔎

Sides to go with smoked brisket

I am smoking a brisket for the first time and am looking for good side dishes to go with it. Anyone have favorites they would like to share? I would love to do something on the grill (low temp) while the brisket is resting to take advantage of the grill that is already hot but can't really think of anything creative.

asked by Couldn't Be Parve over 1 year ago
Image

BBQ lentils? http://food52.com/recipes...

In Central Coast California we do lot of grilling over oak coals. We usually use trip-tip rather than brisket. Traditional accompaniment would be pinquito beans; little pink beans.
Brisket would go well with either kimchi or sauerkraut. Pastrami is a corned beef (brisket)that has been smoked, so a fermented cabbage type thing would work.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

I enjoy a sweet and sour crunchy slaw, made with cabbage & apples. Anything crunchy to offset the fattiness in the brisket.

I would make a grilled potato salad. Boil some red potatoes then grill them to get some marks the dress as you would. Bobby Flay has recipes on foodtv I would also do some corn on the con pull the husk back take out the silk. Soak them so the husk will not catch on fire then pull back the husk season with a compound butter and grill them on the grill they do not take long. Grilled peaches with a balsamic reduction for dessert also as a note when I smoke a brisket I use a bottle of red wine in the moisture chamber to get that flavor. Just do not it burn dry.

2007-09-11e-s4

I did a brisket yesterday and we had a spicy avocado and jalapeƱo slaw (from "Tacos" by Scott Wilson), and Mexican street corn (http://food52.com/recipes...). For dessert we had lemon cheesecake and cinnamon-spice cookies. Worked just great for us!