🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

do you need to pre-cook chicken breasts when making a chicken stew, and how long?(any recipes recommendations would be good too)

asked by @alexsleat almost 4 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

No -- you just add the chicken to the pot with the other ingredients and it'll cook plenty by the time the stew is done. If I can make a suggestion, I'd try chicken thighs which are more flavorful and which stand up to longer cooking. Good luck!

Image

Yes on the thighs....breasts will dry out and be way overcooked in a stew...

Mejan08

They said breasts, LOL

Image

But if you do use breasts, because that's what you have, add them in towards the end so that they just cook through and don't get tough.

Image

I searched the site for chicken stew for you and got this:

Cheers for the answers! I went for adding the chicken a little later and it turned out pretty good, will definitely try some thighs next time too.