🔎

• 3

• 313

• See other questions tagged:
    • sauce

A question about a recipe: IPA-Battered Fish and Chips

I have a question about the recipe "IPA-Battered Fish and Chips" from tideandthyme. How do I make tarter sauce

Fishandchipsfinished
Trena added 9 months ago

I'm originally from Seattle and therefore I'm sorta picky about my tartar sauce. That said, I really like this version http://food52.com/recipes...

Sam1148 added 9 months ago

Start with the base.

Mayo, salt, pepper, a few drops of juice and chopped pickles; which can be sweet relish, or I prefer dill relish or small cubes of a dill pickle and a dash of pickle juice.

From there you can build with creative elements like chopped dill. Capers..etc.

Junechamp

Well, for the record, here's the best tasting one I've ever eaten:

Tartar Sauce

This recipe was part of my first-ever cooking class in France. We learned to make Deep-Fried Goujonettes of Sole and this Tartar Sauce! Who’d’ve thought I’d go to France to learn to make Tartar Sauce? This, however, will change your mind about all the lousy, sweet bottled sauces you’ve ever eaten. As you can see, it’s very easy… and worth the few extra minutes it takes!

makes 2 1/2 cups of sauce

Basic Mayonnaise recipe
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 small shallot, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 tablespoon chopped capers
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped chervil

Into the basic mayonnaise, carefully stir the chopped hard-boiled eggs and the other ingredients. Allow to rest, refrigerated, for two (or so) hours before serving.