Olive Oil Plum cake pan size: Ack - I don't have a 9" springform. Only a 10" and a 9" regular pan. Thoughts? Suggestions?

asked by tammany 11 months ago
Moi

I'd have to see the recipe but you should be fine with a 9-inch, 2-inch deep regular pan. Try lining the bottom with parchment to make it easier to remove the cake.

Cakes

I made this cake today using an 8" springform. Sdebrango suggested I increase the baking time by 10 minutes. The cake came out moist and delicious.

Image

Do NOT use the 9inch pan. It is only 2 inch while springform is taller so recipe may overflow if done in 9 inch pan. Use the 10 inch spring
pan. Cake will just be a bit flatter and cake faster. Maybe 10 minutes faster.

Thanks to all! I ended up going with the 10" (I was making the cake when I realized my pan "issue" and was already committed to something!) and it worked just fine. I planned to adjust the cooking time but in the end needed 5 minutes more than the recipe had indicated. Go figure!

Me
Kenzi Wilbur

Kenzi is the Managing Editor of Food52.

Sorry to be late here -- these comments were right on; the cake is slightly taller than an average layer cake, so you'd either have to go wider than 9" or deeper than 2". Glad it worked out for you!

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet