A question about a recipe: Heavenly Oatmeal-Molasses Rolls

122010f_441

I have a question about the recipe "Heavenly Oatmeal-Molasses Rolls" from monkeymom. At what point would I freeze these? If I freeze them prior to baking how would I adjust the cooking time? Thank you!

asked by Kelly 10 months ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

I'd freeze them after baking, as soon as they've cooled completely.

Farmer's_market

I baked a batch of these just last week and froze them for Thanksgiving (totally cooled, as Amanda mentioned.) Did the same last year and they were delicious.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

How did you re-heat them?

Farmer's_market

I just wrapped them in foil and put them in the oven at, 300-350 - whatever temp. the sides were warming at - very briefly, maybe 10 min. I settle for just 'warm enough' to avoid drying out. Also, defrost well ahead, so they're not at all cold when you put them in. (If someone has a great method, I'd love to know - e.g., I've heard about warming them in a paper bag spritzed with water. I've found that reheating in the microwave makes rolls sort of dense and hard.) The only problem I had was that with all the handling - turning out from the pan after baking, wrapping, unwrapping - the oats sprinkled on top mostly fell off. Not a big deal, but I think this year I'll re-brush the tops with butter and sprinkle more oats on top before warming.