Any suggestions for using green peppers, an abundance of which I get from my CSA. I am not a fan of them raw or stuffed with rice. Vegetarian.

asked by EGBush almost 4 years ago

Pizza with mushrooms, onions, and sun-dried tomatoes.

Parislunch

Sweet Pepper Salsa
variously with onions, spices, herbs, fruit, other sweet peppers.

Moi

I'm not much of a fan of green peppers either, but they are good in picalilli--a relish usually made with green tomatoes, onions, etc.--you can process it in a boiling water bath or keep it in the fridge for a long time.

Unknown

I love stuffing them with ground meat and rice seasoned with madras curry and then baking them in tomato sauce.

036

Anything cajun / creole starts with the trinity of peppers, celery and onion. Make gumbo? Etouffe? Jambalaya?

I love to use them in thai curries, which couldn't be simpler to make!

Watermelon_frozen_yogurt_day_037a

two thoughts.....

^ they are good in a stir fry with other veggies from your CSA box.
^ they can be chopped and dehydrated for use in the winter (soups, stews, sauces, etc)

Roast them - under a broiler or on the grill - and then use them in pasta salad or in sandwiches.

Roasted and peeled and chopped, incorporated into an omelet (unless you are vegan, as opposed to just vegetarian).

Birthday_2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Sofrito, couldn't be easier. Whirl in a blender, chopped green pepper, chopped onion, and cilantro with a few tbsp water. It will smell really good and you can use it when making rice and beans or when making asopao de pollo or or or .... freezes beautifully.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I had accumulated several bags of them! Dehydrated some. I made the Food52 red pepper and smoked paprika confit and substituted the green peppers. Turned out great. With what I have left, I am making sofrito to freeze.

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet