🔎

A question about a recipe: Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprout, and Bread Stuffing with Apples

I have a question about the recipe "Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprout, and Bread Stuffing with Apples" from Gena Hamshaw. How much of this could be made ahead of time, and how would you do it? (I'm concerned about the Brussels sprouts not holding up well.) ;o)

Vqlzbjvvfy1o9nixnvcs4mbk_t_gj7ffzy69exkc-go
New_years_kitchen_hlc_only
Birthday
Elana Carlson added 5 months ago

Great question. You can go one of two routes in order to make this stuffing ahead.
1) Fully prepare and bake until vegetables just shy of doneness. One the day of, finish baking off.
2) Roast the vegetables separately the day before. Combine with the remainder of ingredients on the day of and bake for 20 minutes.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Thanks, Elana. Did the test kitchen bake the stuffing on a baking sheet (as opposed to in a casserole) and then just lift it in chunks into the casserole for serving? I can see how you'd get a lot of crust that way, but I'm concerned that might be just a bit too unconventional, and that the stuffing might be too dry, if cooked that way. Thank you. ;o)

Birthday
Elana Carlson added 5 months ago

If you bake it for 20 minutes on a baking sheet, and watch closely, it shouldn't dry it out too much!