🔎

A question about a recipe: Bruschetta with Ricotta, Honey and Lemon Zest

I have a question about the recipe "Bruschetta with Ricotta, Honey and Lemon Zest" from Merrill Stubbs. Do you think this would be a good recipe to make ahead and set on the table until guests arrive? I am hosting a baby shower for 25 ladies and this sounds divine but I don't want to be out by the grill to prepare this. I'd like it ready for when they arrive. I'm worried it may be a soggy mess? Opinions?

Bruschetta_with_ricotta_honey_and_lemon_zest
Open-uri20130324-1707-1mh5s86-0
Maedl added 3 months ago

I made the dish and it's very good, but If you put the ricotta on the grilled bread, it will get soggy fairly quickly. It might work if you substituted grilled polenta for the bread. I tried it with a 'polenta' I made from buckwheat grits and it was excellent.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added 3 months ago

Just an idea - Could you make ahead without grilling and simply baking or broil until your guest are ready?

Open-uri20130324-1707-1mh5s86-0
Sabine Gagnon added 3 months ago
Voted the Best Answer!

Thank you for your input ladies! I am even considering having a 'build your own' bruschetta where I'd grill the bread just before, and mix the topping but not assemble and let the guests do that bit. Or, I may just need to scrap this app for a time when I can prepare it properly. I just reallllly wanted it to work as it look phenomenal and I think it'd be a great dish for a baby shower!

irina added 3 months ago

Go ahead and do that! A make your own bruschetta is a great idea.
I like sauteed artichoke hearts and cremini mushrooms. I do that ahead of time and serve room temp.
Cheers
irina

Stringio
Katie Ryan O'Connor added 3 months ago

I love the make-your-own idea! You could also set out some nice dips too, like a white bean 'hummus' that goes really well with toasts