A question about a recipe: Pasta e Fagioli

Pasta_e_fagioli

I have a question about the recipe "Pasta e Fagioli" from QueenOfGreen. If I'm making this ahead of time for a crowd, would it be okay to make it several hours ahead of time, and then gently heat it right before serving? would the noodles be too soft and gummy? thank you!

asked by Skydo 6 months ago
Tag_pic

Make the soup ahead of time and add your pasta about 20 min before guests arrive. This will make sure the pasta does not overcook before you serve the dish.

Tag_pic

Also watch the holding temp closely too hot and the pasta will deteriorate faster

The tomatoes are the key: the longer you can keep them at the holding temperature or hotter, the better it will taste...but, I agree, don't add the pasta till just in time to get it done before serving.

Birthday_2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

The pasta drinks up all the water in the soup if you make it ahead of time and gets soft and the soup becomes a dry sopa. Everything else in the soup improves with time, I think.