A question about a recipe: Spinach Gnocchi

I have a question about the recipe "Spinach Gnocchi" from heirloom. I think I am missing a step... Author says "To prepare them ahead, put them into a lightly greased baking pan,".... Is this after gnocchi/gnudi are formed into balls or after they are cooked in boiling water?

asked by AnnieP:) over 1 year ago

I believe this is after they are cooked on water. From the author and reviewer headnotes, I gather that they are then briefly baked off with butter and cheese before serving.

I make my gnnochi ahead and after forming them I put them on a sheet pan with a dusting of flour and flash freeze. Then I select as many as I need for the meal, boil, then saute in butter and serve. The remainder I put in air tight plastic tubs and save in the freezer.
IF it is a good recipe, you should make extra so they are ready to go when you want them.