Why is margarine is bad?

I have listen from my friends that margarine is bad and not good for heart.

Is it really bad?

asked by LevishRob over 1 year ago

Margarine that contains trans fat has been shown in many studies to be unhealthy. There are some, e.g., Earth Balance, that contain no trans fat at all. They are not "bad" in that sense. On the other hand, they don't taste nearly as good as real butter, in my opinion. ;o)

It tastes disgusting.

the more I read and the more I think about it, I think the low fat craze was a con job concocted between the processed food industry, health industry, and politicians. NPR aired this today:

My criteria for eating includes carefully grown, unprocessed, diverse foods. If it comes from a corporate entity, I will not serve it on my table. Eat close to the land and you won't go wrong.

Margarine, if left out, will go ignored by flies. Think about what flies will eat, yet they pass on margarine. Also, watch this video where a plastic container of it is placed on a camp fire. Which melts first - the container or the contents?

This is myth only...The only thing we take care about margarine is Trans fats & now many margarine brands are trans fat free so. I was also thinking like this then I come to a website http://www.enjoymargarineeveryday... and I got a lot of impformation about margarine here and it clears all my doubts.

Sorry, Jessica P. That web site is nothing more than a gigantic ad for margarine. Read the ingredients on any margarine package -- even those purporting to be healthy -- and it's easy to see that butter is healthier. Or a monounsaturated oil, if you'd rather not eat animal fat.

Yes, a site brought to a segment of gullible public by Unilever, a multinational manufacturer of . . . margarine. They must have an inkling of the future of margarine because they are now spreading their interests to butter.

As H.L. Mencken said, "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the public."