FREE Standard Shipping. TODAY: Up to 30% Off Gift Cards (limited supply). Shop Now »
🔔
🔎

I have a ragu recipe that calls for cubed boneless beef chuck roast. I'm planning to use something from the online grocer that is called "chuck pot roast," which is boneless. This is the same thing (or close enough), once I cube it myself, right? Thanks!

asked by ron-val-ron almost 4 years ago
Gator_cake

Sounds the same to me. Basically a tough cut of meat that needs braising to make it tender.

Yes that is it, although there are several cuts of chuck. Chuck has nice marbling, so it cooks up very tender in a pot roast or stew, it's my favorite stew meat. Remeber, after browning, cook long, low and slow. I suppose it is supposed to flake in the ragu and it will do that beautifully.

Thanks folks, low and slow it is...

Per the above answers, yes. But cut it as small as you can. A ragu is one of the few Italian sauces that actually does need to cook and break down or pretty long period of time.