🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Pasta with Tomatoes, Garlic, Basil, and Brie

20120804_food52_08-20-12-1466

I have a question about the recipe "Pasta with Tomatoes, Garlic, Basil, and Brie" from Merrill Stubbs. I have some asparagus I bought at the market and would like to use in this dish. Do you think this is a good idea/how should I go about this?

asked by Jenny 4 months ago
6-14-4_053

roast (400 oven) or grill the asparagus for a little crispy before cutting up and adding

Thanks! I don't have an oven or grill... I hope sautéing them quick will do the trick.

Merrill

Sauteeing them should work. This should be an interesting flavor combination -- let us know how it turns out!

Considering the marinade time, I might even opt for leaving the asparagus raw; shaved with a vegetable peeler or sliced very thin on a hard bias. It'll add some textural contrast to the rest of the ingredients.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

I would cook it with the pasta for a few minutes towards the end and then proceed with the recipe.

The addition of asparagus was a success! I lightly sautéed smaller pieces of asparagus then added it to the rest of the 'sauce' while the pasta cooked (I'm working with a small, limited kitchen in my summer apartment). I think it added a nice touch of crisp green to the dish. My only complaint is I did not well adjust the amount of basil and garlic to a dinner for one and they slightly overpowered the dish.