🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: American Flag Cake

Flag_cake_slice

I have a question about the recipe "American Flag Cake" from erinmcdowell. What would be the baking time change and temperature change if using an 8 inch round cake pan instead of 9?

asked by Anahi 4 months ago
Liza'skitchenlogo

One inch isn't really all that much when it comes to baking time. The variability would be similar to cooking time one oven vs. another. The recipe calls for 35-45 minutes, so I'd start checking the cakes at 30 minutes and readjust based on how done they are at that point. They cakes will be a bit higher (because the pan is smaller) so I'd guess that it may be closer to 40 minutes.

Liza'skitchenlogo

Oh, just to clarify, you don't need to change the temperature at all.

I followed your suggestion- baked at the same temperature for 40 minutes and came out PERFECT! Thank you!

Download

In general, you would lower the temp by 25° and start testing 10 minutes after the original time. You also need to be careful of overflow because of the size difference. I wouldn't use all of the batter. I also wonder if you need to change the size of the cutout of the blue cake. Personally, I would go purchase the 9" pan, but if you can't, then just go for it.