🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

is there any way to keep a souffle' from collapsing after it is removed from the oven?

asked by ChasN almost 4 years ago
Gator_cake

Nope. They deflate. The goal should be to have it happen after you get it to the table. Check out this article by Mark Bittman: http://www.nytimes.com...

Junechamp

Well now, see, I would say YES! Serve the sucker immediately! Once you stick the spoon into it, down it goes, and it's meant to.;)

I always counsel my students not to tell their diners that souffle is on the menu. That way, if it should collapse before serving, you can always call it "pudding," or "fondue" and no one is the wiser...

Louise_avatar

No, I don't think you can, but you can prepare the dishes ahead. Make the souffle mixture, put into the dish or dishes, and then you can hold at that stage for up to 24 hours if you refrigerate them. Then bake slightly longer if its come from the fridge. Should bake up just as well as if made immediately before.

Dsc03010