🔎

Doing a fajita salad (improvised). I have beef fajitas, corn, black beans, avacado and tomatos on spinach. Anyone with a good idea for dressing? Would a Alice Waters type red wine vinagarete work? Thank you!

K
Fantastic Mr Fox added over 3 years ago

I'd use something with citrus, like lime, as the acid in the dressing. It will lend a nice tang as well as prevent your avocados from browning.

Image
Madame Sel added over 3 years ago

What about doing a avocado dressing with (think sour cream or greek yogurt) puree the yogurt or sour cream with the avocado and add the juice of a lime and maybe some salt and pepper to taste. You could also add a chili in adobo to make it spicy!

Image

I'd do a lime vinaigrette with cilantro and some type of pepper for a little heat. Sounds great! Have fun!

jenmmcd added over 3 years ago

I use this a lot. It's from an old Cooking Light:
1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon grated lime rind
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 garlic clove, peeled

blend in blender.

Debbykalk-photo
latoscana added over 3 years ago

I like Madame Sel's idea and I'd add chipotles for a smoky heat heat which complements the hearty flavors. Blend the dressing ingredients to distribute and make it creamy.

K
cowgirlculture added over 3 years ago

Fajita Thank you all! I went ahead and ran with the citrus idea because of limited ingredients. I did a grapefruit vinaigrette with parika and honey it was great! I am heading to the grocery store this afternoon so I will pick up a couple of things to try some of the suggestions tonight. Foodpickle is so much fun!

brandon added over 3 years ago

lime cumin ginger and rice wine vinegar. make a vinaigrette with those things and you'll be gravy