🔎

• 4

• 556

would sage clash with: sharp cheese w/dill, mozzarella, swiss? thinking quiche to use up sage and ends of cheeses. also may use squash & leafy greens?

0605111238
nutcakes added about 3 years ago

I don't think it would clash too much with the dill, if that's what you mean. While sage is an unusual choice for quiche, it will be nice with the squash. Go for it if you like the flavor.

Would Caesar clash with Pliny? Unless it's a low moisture mozza I would leave that out. Sage and dill are not really complimentary flavors, myself I'd choose one over the other and probably not dill.

Sam1148 added about 3 years ago

I'd drop the dill and add thyme. Maybe some chicken sausage, or pancetta. Kale or chard, and mushrooms. With a Gruyere cheese.

Debbykalk-photo
latoscana added about 3 years ago

Sage lends a savory note, so anything savory, like sausage, as Sam1148 suggests, and the heavier greens. Dill has a brighter, lighter note. It goes nicely with quiche if it features a lighter squash, like zucchini.