🔎

• 2

• 552

A question about a recipe: Mini-Crabcakes with Celery Root - Fennel Slaw

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "Mini-Crabcakes with Celery Root - Fennel Slaw" from ChezSuzanne. It says:

"Fill your molds with enough of the breadcrumb mixture to cover the bottom pretty well and tamp down. Fill the rest of the molds with the crabcake mixture and sprinkle a little of the breadcrumb mixture on the top." What size molds are these? I've always fried mine in a pan w/EVOO and would like to try this recipe.

Crabcakes_with_fennel_celery_root_slaw_bestpicnikd
Image

She uses mini cupcake pans and bakes them so they are hors d'oeuvres sized.

Chocolate_peppermint_truffle_cookies_032
TheWimpyVegetarian added about 3 years ago

Thanks for your interest in making these, mweiss4! I've used both mini and regular sized cupcake pans to make these as drbabs say. For the ones in the picture, I used a pan of mini cheesecake molds. The nice thing about the cheesecake molds was I could make them a little higher, and they were easy to get out of the molds thanks to the false bottoms they all have. Any of these options will work well. I hope you like them!!