A question about a recipe: Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Chestnut Pesto

P1050080gnocchi

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Chestnut Pesto" from Janneke Verheij. It says:

"Put them in a kitchen machine with the Parmesan, walnuts, parsley and olive oil. Grind into a coarse pesto, it should not be a smooth paste. Season with pepper, salt and a squeeze of lemon juice."

Hi, the instructions say to add olive oil, I was wondering how much as its not specified in the ingredients list.

asked by Franca over 3 years ago
Dsc00202
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

Since Janneke calls it a "course pesto," I would start with a few tablespoons of olive oil and stop when it's loose enough to coat the gnocchi but not quite a smooth sauce. Hopefully Janneke will weigh in here, but best to drizzle the olive oil in slowly and stop the machine when it looks as described in the recipe.