A question about a recipe: Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Chestnut Pesto

P1050080gnocchi

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Chestnut Pesto" from Janneke Verheij. It says:

"Put them in a kitchen machine with the Parmesan, walnuts, parsley and olive oil. Grind into a coarse pesto, it should not be a smooth paste. Season with pepper, salt and a squeeze of lemon juice."

Hi, the instructions say to add olive oil, I was wondering how much as its not specified in the ingredients list.

asked by Franca over 3 years ago
Dsc00202
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

Since Janneke calls it a "course pesto," I would start with a few tablespoons of olive oil and stop when it's loose enough to coat the gnocchi but not quite a smooth sauce. Hopefully Janneke will weigh in here, but best to drizzle the olive oil in slowly and stop the machine when it looks as described in the recipe.

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet