🔎

Reheating cooked pork chops without drying out

OK so I have a nicely cooked pork chop left over but like all meat leftovers I am wondering how to heat it back up without drying it out. I don't want to put it in a soup since it's breaded. So I am thinking wrapped in foil on low heat in the oven or perhaps cutting into small peices and heating up in a pan or microwave and serving with gravy.

ChefDaddy added about 3 years ago

If you have time- try a low oven covered with a little stock or some kind of liquid and warm them slowly. My idea of a low oven would be 175F-225F or even 160F. Warm your pan in advance for a quicker cook time. It could take 45 min. to an hour this way though.

Head2Tail added about 3 years ago

Oh, this little dilemma used to vex me too! I simply gave up reheating pork chops, especially if breaded. Rather, I thinly slice the chop and add a little salt, oil/vinegar/hot sauce/herbs/whatever strikes my fancy, toss and then include it in a (now meaty) salad or on a sandwich. Viola! A lunch to make your carnivorous coworkers envious.

ChefDaddy added about 3 years ago

Sorry I didn't see "breaded".

Me_by_barbara_tyroler
Nora added about 3 years ago

Must you reheat? I love cold meats. Leftover (as if!) steak for breakfast, gnawed out hand while reading the paper, ditto chicken legs, ditto pork chops. Or hand-shred any of these and add to a nice bed of salad greens dressed with vinegrette or your favorite dressing and that's lunch. Or supper before you go out for a night on the town.

CaryNC added about 3 years ago

OUTCOME: So I decided to remove the tasty but no longer crunchy panko breading and slice the pork chop into 1/2" strips (not too thin nor thick). I sauteed some onions in olive oil then put the meat in the pan and added some vermouth and some snow peas (and seasoning). Covered for 1 minute to warm the meat and steam the snow peas. Turned out delicious and moist.

I always wonder what "solution" people on this section of the forum choose to use.

Thanks everyone!

dumpsterdiva added almost 2 years ago

Leftover "Breaded" pork chops are great smothered in cream of chicken or cream of whatever you like! It's always a hit and taste very different than the first round cover and bake at 325 about 35min or until hot and bubble.