🔎

• 2

• 845

A question about a recipe: Chocolate Pudding: Does the tapioca cook with the hot milk?

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Chocolate Pudding" from amanda. It says:

"Combine the sugar, cream, milk, salt, and vanilla in a saucepan set over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove it from the heat. Turn the blender containing the egg and tapioca mixture back on low. Quickly and carefully, pour the hot milk mixture into the blender and increase the speed to medium. The heat will cook the egg yolks and allow the tapioca to thicken to the consistency of thick mayonnaise."

040511f_213
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Yes it does -- both the eggs and tapioca flour do. That's the magic of this recipe because it all happens in the blender -- the cooking, the aeration, etc. Good luck with it!

sboulton added about 3 years ago

I have used this technique for years to speed up the process in making banana cream pie. Soooooo easy!